Friday, September 13, 2013

Taking Visualization to a Whole New Level

The time has finally arrived... it started out with a 5 month countdown and now we're only hours away. This time tomorrow I will be an hour into running my very first marathon ever - up a mountain referred to as "The Top of Europe".

Tomorrow.

OMG - TOMORROW! I should really pack...

At a recent Room to Read event, Coach Jeff Grant from Hillseeker Fitness gave us runners some sage advice about the power of visualization: seeing yourself running the course, feeling positive, strong and light, culminating in an awesome finish. 

If there are two things I have in this world, they would be 1) a highly active imagination, and 2) kick-ass desktop publishing skills. In order to aid my visualization, I have combined the two to create some useful visualization tools to help me prepare for tomorrow's Jungfrau Marathon.  

Enjoy:

The moraine - spectators in awe.

Over the clouds - still smiling.
Just your typical Swiss bagpiper
Leading the pack, feeling awesome.
Finishing strong!
WINNING!
But - in all seriousness - as this is my last post before the marathon, I just wanted to thank everyone who has supported me through this journey. In just 5 months, you've helped turn this soft, lazy couch potato into someone who can do more than she ever thought possible.

I would also like to thank everyone who donated. With your contributions, I've managed to raise $2,000 - that's enough to send 8 girls to school next year. And with Credit Suisse's trippling of donations, that makes it 24. All together, so far the Yak Pack has raised enough money to sent 258 girls to school (not counting Credit Suisse's contributions). What an amazing achievement for us all!

This is only the beginning of JenFrau and I'm sure there will be more adventures to come. So stay tuned! I would like to finish by saying:

I may not be the strongest. I may not be the fastest. 
But I'll be damned if I'm not going to try my absolute hardest.

Thank you everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment